Even though we gear our messages to real estate investors, these 6 marketing strategies can be used in other business niches as well.
Real estate investing (REI) can be very lucrative if you know how to market to get leads and which ones works best for your budget. We will discuss the 6 best ways you can get the word out but there are many more. These marketing strategies are used by many of the successful investors who are well known in the REI industry. We also discussed how to market for leads with these methods to get the greatest impact.
Marketing Methods and Time-frame
There are many ways you can market to generate leads. Keep in mind that in order to keep leads flowing in through your marketing efforts, you will always need to be promoting at least 2-3 different types of marketing in your business. The following are the strategies that made it to the top of our list:
- Direct mail is a great way to get responses to generate leads. You may have to follow-up with multiple mail pieces in order to get people to call. You can send postcards, yellow letters, and long and short letters. These pieces should have varying messages and should be written to catch the reader’s attention. You should mail out these mail pieces to each lead at least 4 times.
- Bandit signs have a very successful return rate when it comes to generating leads. You must be careful because bandit signs are considered illegal marketing in which you can be fined. These should be put out on Friday’s after 5pm and picked up on Sunday’s. Be sure to get a google voice number to send these calls to.
- Free online ads are a great way to market for leads. When posting these ads, each one should have different messages. To avoid being flagged by email providers, you should create multiple email accounts so you can post your ads 2-3 times a day to stay at the top of the list. Here are a few sites to use: craigslist.com, backpage.com, usfreeads.com, classifiedads.com, olx.com, and ebayclassifieds.com
- Flyers and business cards are great ways to generate leads and socialize with people. You can put them everywhere you go and give them to people you mingle with.
- Social events such as REI meetings, investor clubs, etc. can be very lucrative in regards to networking yourself with other investors. Connecting in these groups will allow you to receive leads from others who are in different niches than you are or can give you referrals for other leads you may need for your business.
- Word of mouth is a never-ending avenue to use when speaking with people you know or people you run into. Every situation you are in, whether at the grocery store, shopping mall or center, restaurant, or any other social engagement can be very valuable because you have the opportunity to communicate face-to-face with someone and build a connection. Prepare yourself by writing a script of what you would say (elevator speech) to everyone you meet regarding what you do and how you can help them. Be sure to ask if they would pass your information along to someone they may know who needs your service.
YouTube and other social media connections are great to get the word out about what you do. Radio ads, billboard signs, and television commercials are other methods to advertise for leads. Additional marketing includes webinars, seminars, conventions, luncheons, websites, email generation, etc.
When you are budgeting for lead generation marketing, you should consider how many times and how often you will want to connect with that lead. With direct mail, you will need to consider how you will mail these pieces whether it will be first class or bulk rate. Your consideration should be determined by the number of pieces you will be mailing. Bulk mailing rates are discounted for larger amounts of pieces being delivered at once. You should keep in mind that bulk mail pieces will not be returned to you if the mail piece is undeliverable and first class mailing does. Quick tip: When mailing first class pieces, if you would like to receive a person’s forwarding address when undeliverable, write or type underneath your mailing address “Address Service Requested”. There is a small fee that will be charged for this information.
Depending on the type of paid advertising you will use, it is important to consider the limits per site you will have. You should set a certain daily budget that you will want to spend with Pay per click ads, along with certain criteria to generate the best clicked to open rate. There are many pay-per-click sites like, but not limited to, Facebook; Yahoo; and Google.
So, this wraps up our marketing strategies for lead generation. With this information you can start to market to generate leads for your business or increase the amount you already receive. We hope you found value in this post. If you have any comments or questions, please leave them below. Thanks for reading.